Thursday, 19 December 2013
Home remedies for acne?
Here are some home remedies that can help but do not mix them together.
1) Tea Tree Oil- An essential oil is diluted and applied topically to acne lesions.
2) Lemon oil or juice - Applied lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to face or you can drink it through using it in water a few drops a day. You can leave overnight don't expose yourself to sunlight. Will help with both acne, and scars as well.
3) Mandarin oil
4) Cedar wood – good for eczema, psoriasis
6) Apple cider vinegar
7) Bamboo extract or Sarna lotion – good for rosacea, psoriasis, eczema
8) Bio Oil or BB cream for dark spots or scars
9) Toothpaste is very effective for acne leave on face for about 20 to 30 minutes then wash. Leave on to long will leave a scar.
10) Zinc really works on acne
11) 2% Erythromycin
12) Benzoin Peroxide
13) Hydrogen Peroxide 3% - It can help to dry out acne by killing bacteria on the skin. Soak a cotton ball in hydrogen peroxide and apply it either to the acne breakouts on your face. You also may opt to apply hydrogen peroxide to your entire face to help prevent future breakouts. Allow the hydrogen peroxide to do its job -- wait until the bubbling stops in approximately a minute or two. Rinse your face with water. Apply an oil-free moisturizer to prevent skin from drying out.
14) Vitamin B3- also known as niacin. It promotes healthy skin, can be utilized as an acne treatment.
15) Retinoid- increase collagen production and plump fine lines, making it a good choice if you’re dealing with acne and wrinkles.
16) Sulfur- dries up pimples and keeps sebum production in check, helping to prevent future blemishes. Sulfur has a distinct smell think rotten eggs.
17) Coconut oil good for acne and scars.
18) Turmeric powder is also good for acne.
19) Neutrogena products
20) Brown Listerine also sucks the life of your acne wash after about 15 minutes.
21) Witch Hazel & Rubbing Alcohol both are good for acne
22) Aloe Vera either from the plant itself or gel apply on the infected area.
23) Neem oil- good for acne, psoriasis, eczema, skin ulcers (taken either orally or externally)
This is something I use every day and I got rid of my cystic acne and my eczema. I really recommend this. Neem oil: It is powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties, beneficial to those who suffer from various skin conditions like acne, psoriasis, eczema, skin ulcers, helps one treat hair related problems like dandruff and itchy scalp. Dental care products like toothpaste, mouth washes and rinses all use the neem oil's antiseptic properties to keep teeth health and gums free of infection. Other benefits also include its use in household items like mosquito repellents, disinfectants and personal hygiene products. If you like you can purchase at Lucy Vitamin or in health food stores. It is the same price as some of the acne medications, either prescribe or over-the-counter.